Make this week a fresh start. Write down your goals. Plan out your time. Stretch. Don’t forget to listen. Take in all of the good that you can. Keep fighting.
Excuses, excuses, I haven’t blogged since October. Whoops! I’ve had a lot going on in the past few months and wasn’t feeling inspired to keep up with writing blog posts. As always, I’m hoping to revive the blog again!
I should probably catch y’all up on what you’ve been missing, but “you” = mostly friends and family, so you probably already know about most of these things, but what the heck! Since I last wrote a post, here are some things that have been going on in my life:
- I graduated from Wheaton College with honors, with a double major in Early Childhood Education and Women’s & Gender Studies! It was an exciting day and I am missing my college friends hardcore. Senior week included a graduation ball at a Newport mansion, a final candle lighting ceremony, and too many goodbyes.
- I’m getting married to Ben on August 9, 2015! WOOHOO!!!
- We are moving to Dayton, Ohio – the week after we get married. We’re crazy, I know.
- I finished up an internship with The Horn Book, a publication that reviews children’s and young adult literature.
- I went to the NHL Winter Classic with my friend Lisa! Go Capitals!!!
- With the help of other students, I did a staff appreciation project at Wheaton. I made videos of staff members introducing themselves and sharing a little bit about them, and held tabling for students to write thank you notes to staff members! It was such a fulfilling thing to be able to show others how much people care about them.
- I turned 22!
- I finally edited all of my photos from Ireland, haha, only half a year late!
- I finished up my semester as a student teacher in kindergarten and second grade. It was a challenging and wonderful experience, and my supervising teachers helped me gain so much confidence as a teacher. I think about my students all the time, and wish I could still be there in the classroom with them.
2015 has been a busy and exciting year so far, and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the year holds in store for me!
Thanks for reading! ~Margaret